Diversity Preservation International
Museum and Samples Exchange
The missions of
the nonprofit organization MDPI
(www.mdpi.org) in Switzerland are:
preserve permanently historically significant research chemical samples
in the chmical museum in Basel, Switzerland and
to share and exchange any other rare chemical samples worldwide
to make the samples readily available to other professionals by
publishing in MDPI's searchable database at the www.molmall.org
- All compounds
from retired chemists, whether new or old, synthetic or natural
product, published or unpublished.
- Authentic supporting samples for papers published in chemistry
journals, e.g., Molecules
- Specimen from companies who sell the chemicals in large
- Samples stable at room temperature, as pure as specified, not
hazardous and preferably in solid (crystal) form.
- The amounts are 10mg-100g (larger or smaller amounts are also
- Postage will be paid by MDPI.
For further information
consult MDPI homepage (www.mdpi.org). We also would like to visit you
and give gratis lectures regarding molecular diversity assessment and
preservation in your institute (see
http://www.mdpi.org/lin/talks/tour00.htm for the abstract). Comments
and suggestions are welcomed.
- A part of the
total amount of certain MDPI samples can be borrowed for chemically
non-destructive use (e.g., can be recovered after solution NMR), free
of charge. Authentic crystal samples can also be borrowed for
non-destructive use (X-ray, microscopic studies, etc., where both
physical and chemical properties of the sample will not be changed)
free of charge.
- If the contributors agree, chemists may obtain samples free of
charge for other academic research from MDPI.
- Chemists can use their own samples to exchange for the same
number of MDPI samples.
- Preferably the contributor's name and address, including
e-mails, are published at the www.molmall.org
server. Direct contacts and collaboration among the samples
contributors and others are encouraged.
- The total amounts of the deposited samples are updated in the
- Commercial use of the samples will be possible at reasonable
price. One part of the profit will be used to reward the contributing
chemists for samples distributed by MDPI and by MDPI prize governed by MDPI foundation
(www.mdpi.org/mdpifund.htm). The rest part of profit has been used to
run several nonprofit projects (e.g., ECSOC, the e-conference on
synthetic organic chemistry at www.mdpi.org/ecsoc).
- We also directly purchase high quality samples of known
structure with full characterization (MP, NMR, etc.) and high purity.
Dr. Shu-Kun Lin, President of MDPI
MDPI Center, Matthaeusstrasse 11, CH-4057 Basel, Switzerland
Tel. +41 79 322 3379 (Direct), Fax +41 61 302 8918, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org